Wednesday, February 18, 2009

getting better.

today was better. still overwhelming, but getting better. i am getting better at going through the EMR system and finding the information i need. i had to track down three patient charts on the floor and was successful too! thats a big deal really on a floor where charts are near impossible to track down! there are so many kinds of leukemia, cancer, etc. and its crazy to me. its like every patient has a different kind with a different complicated name. i think its scary to me to be talking to patients who are so incredibly sick. one patient was getting a bone marrow transplant because their original chemo used to get rid of their first cancer ended up causing leukemia. they don't use it anymore obviously. but how terrible is that?? puts things into perspective and i have so much to be thankful for.

i did talk to my first patient today and it went really well. didn't really say much, but they were really friendly and pleasant to talk to. my preceptor was GREAT about it too, she was super good about reminding me that she wasn't going to just leave me and would be there if i needed help. and when i left today she said i did a wonnnderful job for my first time. made me feel MUCH better, even though i don't think i was that wonderful! lol. tomorrow i have to give two presentations on label reading, BLAH. but its almost friday, which is a very good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment